After 19 years, we’re finally ready to answer the age old question:
What the hell does bowling and punk rock have to do with each other?
Answer: Other than a good time, absolutely NOTHING! And yet they work so well together as proven by our upcoming 20th Anniversary in May 2018!
It all started many Bloody Mary mornings ago (1999) when brothers, Shawn and Mark Stern decided over a round at the local alley that they wanted to throw a bowling party for their friends in the punk rock community consisting of bands, labels and zines at the time. What started as a small party and an excuse to head to Las Vegas, morphed into what is now known as the rager of all ragers, Punk Rock Bowling and Music Festival.
ABOUT THE EVENT
If you’re a Punk Rock Bowling and Music Festival (PRB) virgin (greenhorn, amateur), here’s what you need to know:
- PRB in it’s entirety goes from Friday, May 25 – Monday, May 28, 2018 in Downtown Las Vegas (view festival site map)
- The Outdoor Music Festival runs Saturday, May 26 – Monday, 28 (3 Days) *All Ages are welcome
- Late Night Club Shows Friday, May 25 – Monday, May 28 (4 Days) *All Club shows are 21+
- Legit Texas Hold’em Poker Tournament goes down at the Golden Nugget with cash prizes! Friday, May 25
- Amateur Bowling Tournament complete with serious cash prizes happens before the festival Saturday, May 26, finals on Sunday
- Killer (free!) Pool Parties with bands & Dj’s- Saturday, May 26 through Monday, 28 (3 Days)
- Plus: Comedy and punk rock lounge acts, punk rock movie screenings, titillating food trucks, merch vendors, art show and more!
PRB is a party to celebrate the music and ideal’s we all have in common, to get together with friends some of us have known for years or even decades and make new friends that we will know for years to come. It’s a get together for 15,000 of your fellow punk rockers, rallying for the love of punk and the DIY Scene, in the only city crazy enough to have us, Las Vegas!
ABOUT THE ORGANIZERS
The Stern brothers have been involved in the DIY punk rock community since the late 70’s, playing music (Youth Brigade, Royal Crown Revue, That’s It!, The Extremes, Mess), putting together the US/Canada tour of Youth Brigade and Social Distortion in an old school bus that become a ground breaking documentary (Another State Of Mind), music publisher and magazine publisher (Generation magazine), promoting shows (Godzilla’s, Youth Movements ’82 & ’83) and running one of the longest standing punk rock labels in the U.S., BYO Records (Youth Brigade, 7 Seconds, SNFU, Agression, Bouncing Souls, Hepcat, Nofx/Rancid, Alkaline Trio/One Man Army, Leatherface/Hot Water Music, The Briefs, Swingin’ Utters and many more!) as well as touring much of the world playing music, sharing idea’s and meeting thousands of people. They are dedicated to the ideal’s of individuality, thinking for yourself, being a force for change and standing up against authoritarian, fascist, sexist, racist, anti-semitic, homophobic and other forms of oppression in culture, government, businesses and institutions. The Sterns have been doing this for more than 40 years of their lives and hope to continue as long as people believe that we can all affect change for the better through what we do.
Festival Site: DLVEC
200 S 3rd St, Las Vegas, NV 89101
Golden Nugget Hotel
129 East Fremont Street, Las Vegas, NV 89101
Fremont Country Club
601 Fremont St, Las Vegas, NV 89101
Backstage Bar & Billiards
601 Fremont St, Las Vegas, NV 89101
517 Fremont St, Las Vegas, NV 89101