HUH? PUNKS BOWL?
Yeah, hence the name! Over 150 bowling teams consisting of 4 degenerates such as yourself, will compete in an amateur tournament over a 2 day period for over $7k in prize money!
Bowler Check-in Friday, May 25 – Team check-in is Friday from 4-7pm at the merch booth in the Golden Nugget. That will be the only place to pick up your team’s posters. They will not be available Saturday at shuttle departure or at the bowling centers on Saturday.
Saturday, May 26, 12pm-2:30pm – Teams compete for the highest 3 game total!
Shuttle Buses leave at 11am (outside Carson Tower)
Sunday, May 27, 11:30am – 3pm Playoff Round – Top 60 teams battle from day 1, battle for the title of Punk Rock Bowling Champion 2018!
Shuttle buses leave at 10:30am (outside Carson Tower)
We will warn you in advance that there will be loud punk music being blasted at you from every angle, scantily clad competitors, a never ending cocktail waitress at your service & other untold distractions to help you with your “A” game. Good luck to you and we’ll see you in the winners circle!
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW AS A BOWLER
- Each team costs $220 and consists of 4 bowlers. This registration fee enters your team in the tournament to bowl Saturday. Once you pay for your team, you will get a confirmation email stating that you have a lane.
- Each bowler will receive a limited edition PRB hand screened poster. One team member for each team will be required to sign for and pick up all 4 posters which will be available for pick up on Friday, May 25th between 4-7pm at the bowlers table in the Foyer of the GRAND BALLROOM located across from Red Sushi on the Casino level of the Rush Tower at the Golden Nugget Hotel.
- Shuttle buses will be provided to take you to and from the bowling alleys.
- The buses leave promptly at 11am Saturday and 10:30am on Sunday.
- If you miss the bus, you will be responsible for getting to your assigned bowling alley on time or your team will have to forfeit.
- What we’re sayin’ is, SHOW UP ON TIME!
- The buses will be located at the entrance of The Golden Nugget between the Gold Tower and the Carson Tower on 1st St. There will be a registration table at the entrance for directions to which shuttle you should take.
- At this time the official tournament bowling alleys are Gold Coast Bowling Center and Sam’s Town, which are only 4-8 miles from downtown and easily accessible by cab.
WHEN YOU ARRIVE AT THE BOWLING ALLEY
Go straight to your assigned lane, do not stop to gamble and get sucked into the void of playing “just one more hand”. If you do not remember your lane #, it will be posted around the bowling alley or you can ask our awesome PRB Bowling Coordinator. Make sure that all the names on your team have been entered on your screen correctly. Someone will come by your lane before bowling begins to make any corrections and answer any questions. Do not adjust names or team names. If they need to be corrected, let us know at our scoring booth. Any changes made without notifying PRB staff are cause for immediate disqualification.
You will be bowling “league style,” which means that you will be switching lanes for each frame that you bowl. Look at the arrow next to your name on the screen, which will tell you what lane you should be bowling on for that frame. IF YOU OR THE TEAM NEXT TO YOU MAKES A MISTAKE (bowl in the wrong lane/order), PLEASE GO TO THE DESK AND HAVE THE PROBLEM FIXED BY THE SCORE ASSIST*
To give everyone a fair shot at the prize money, we have implemented a handicap system that is now based on 85% of the difference of your average subtracted from 200. So let’s say you averaged 120 points over your 3 games, we would deduct 120 points from 200, multiply the remaining 80 points X 85% and give you a starting handicap of 68 points per game. If you bowled last year, you’re handicap will be based on the average of your 3 games from the first day only. HANDICAPS ARE ONLY CARRIED OVER FROM THE PREVIOUS YEAR. If you didn’t bowl last year, you’re handicap will be calculated AFTER you bowl your 3 games on day 1, and added to your total score throughout the entire tournament.
If you are a returning bowler and on a different team this year, let us know your previous team when you register so we can get your handicap. This must be done before we send out lane assignments. Failure to notify us that you were a previous bowler will nullify your handicap from last year and you will get a new one based on your first days bowling this year. The order you submit your names at the time of registration is the order you will bowl in. Each returning bowler will have their handicap assigned at that time. We will send out an e-mail about a week before the tournament with the information on your team & any handicaps for returning bowlers. Please keep in mind that there are 800 bowlers to keep track of. IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO LET US KNOW IF YOU CHANGED TEAMS or if you need to correct any of the information we have.
Read the Rules!
If you do any of the following, you may lose your handicap and get only your scratch score or have your team disqualified, so pay attention!
- Inform us of any mistakes or omissions in your handicap from the previous tournament before bowling commences or you won’t get the previous handicap. You will get a new one based on your first day of this tournament
- YOU MUST BOWL with FOUR bowlers, no exceptions.
- Do not change the order of your bowlers as this could cause you to get someone else’s handicap. You may lose your handicap or be disqualified!!!
- Do not change bowlers before or during the tournament, you will be disqualified!!!
- Do not attempt to bring outside bowlers in as “members” of your team,
- Ringers will be disqualified and your team will be banned forever from our tournament!
If you are one of the top 60 teams that made the playoffs (check social media for results Saturday evening), CONGRATULATIONS!!! We also urge you to sign up for PRB Text Alerts, JUST TEXT 66746 and type PRB this way you can get the results right away so you can figure out how the rest of your night is going to play out.
Playoffs will take place at Sams Town and you will need to catch your shuttle bus at the same location as day one. The buses will leave at 10:30am SHARP.
Find your lane assignment on the board, and get over there. You will be playing head to head elimination rounds, winners advance and losers are finished. If you lose, you will place according to your total team score from that round only. Round 1 – 33rd through 60th place, Round 2 – 17th through 32nd place, Round 3 – 9th through 16th place, Round 4- 5th through 8th place. Round 5- 3rd & 4th place and the Championship Round will be head to head for 1st and 2nd place. Whew, 6 games to win!
If you make the playoffs, you can ONLY bowl with the four bowlers on your team that bowled on day one! There are NO EXCEPTIONS to this rule. If one of your bowlers is unable to bowl in the playoffs on Sunday, please let us know immediately so we can give your spot to the next team in the standings!
ONCE AGAIN, IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO MAKE IT TO THE LANES ON TIME, IF YOU ARE LATE, YOU CAN BE DISQUALIFIED.
IMPORTANT, PLEASE READ!!!!!
Punk Rock Bowling Tournament is an AMATEUR bowling tournament that takes place during the PRB Music Festival. The tournament is for fun and we do not allow pro, semi-pro or amateur tournament or hi roller league bowlers to bowl as it would be unfair to the 98% of bowlers in our tournament who cannot compete with these “elite” bowlers.
PRB has grown over the past several years to nearly 800 bowlers and some very good league/tournament bowlers have entered with the sole purpose of winning the prize money. Unfortunately some of these people have deceitfully entered the tournament, so we have been forced to take a much stricter look at all those who currently participate or wish to be considered for a team.
If you attempt to enter a team member(s) who is overqualified you will be subject to immediate disqualification and a lifetime ban. If in doubt whether your team member is overqualified to bowl at PRB, please email us at email@example.com.
In an effort to level the playing field for all participants in our annual Amateur bowling tournament, we have drafted the following new rules for all bowlers at PRB.
- All bowlers must submit their averages when registering. Please enter your legal name as it appears on your ID, not a nickname or alias. If you’re a new team you must submit your averages when signing up on the wait list to be considered. If you don’t “know” your average as you don’t bowl regularly, please just give us your best guess.
- Any bowlers that are currently in a league or have previously bowled in a league, must also submit the name of the league and the bowling center where the league bowled.
- Any bowlers in an “unsanctioned” league (not a USBC league) must also submit documentation for their league including individual and team averages.
- Maximum individual scratch bowler average allowed, to be considered for entry, will be 215.
- Maximum team scratch average allowed, to be considered for entry, will be 700.
- PRB reserves the right to “re-rate” bowler averages on day one at it’s sole discretion.
- PRB reserves the right to examine tournament averages of all returning bowlers, compare them to submitted averages and “re-rate” bowlers based on those findings.
- Anyone found misrepresenting their averages will be disqualified, their team will be disqualified, their entry money will be forfeited and they will be banned from bowling at PRB.
- All interpretations of rules and rulings will be made by PRB and are final.
- By signing up and paying the entry fee for a team at PRB, you acknowledge that you have read and agree to abide by these rules. It is your responsibility to share this information with your teammates and PRB is not responsible nor can we be held liable if you or anyone on your team does not read, follow or understand these rules and regulations.