After 19 years, we’re finally ready to answer the age old question:
What the hell does bowling and punk rock have to do with each other?
Answer: Other than a good time, absolutely NOTHING! And yet they work so well together as proven by our upcoming 20th Anniversary in May 2018!
It all started many Bloody Mary mornings ago (1999) when brothers, Shawn and Mark Stern decided over a round at the local alley that they wanted to throw a bowling party for their friends in the punk rock community consisting of bands, labels and zines at the time. What started as a small party and an excuse to head to Las Vegas, morphed into what is now known as the rager of all ragers, Punk Rock Bowling and Music Festival.
ABOUT THE EVENT
If you’re a Punk Rock Bowling and Music Festival (PRB) virgin (greenhorn, amateur), here’s what you need to know:
PRB in it’s entirety goes from Friday, May 25 – Monday, May 28, 2018 in Downtown Las Vegas (view festival site map)
- The Outdoor Music Festival runs Saturday, May 26 – Monday, 28 (3 Days)
- All Ages are welcome
- Click here for Festival Lineup, Set Times, Band Bios & Videos
- 3 Day Passes & Single Day Tickets are available now!
- 3 Day Passes with Club Show Pre-sale Access Codes are on sale until February 2nd. After that, you can still purchase a 3 Day Pass, but there will be no Presale Access Codes with those tickets. See below for more information on how the Club Show Presale Codes work.
- Late Night Club Shows go from Friday, May 25 – Monday, May 28 (4 Days)
- All Club shows are 21+
- Club Shows go on sale:
- Presale: March 3 from 12pm – 4pm PST (Access Code Required)
- Public Sale: March 3rd at 4pm PST (NO Access Codes Needed)
- Club Show Ticketing Info
- Texas Hold’em Poker Tournament at the Golden Nugget with cash prizes! Friday, May 25
- Amateur Bowling Tournament with $8k in cash prizes happens before the festival Saturday, May 26, finals on Sunday
- Free Pool Parties at the Oasis at Gold Spike with bands & Dj’s- Saturday, May 26 through Monday, 28 (3 Days). More info to come!
- Plus: Comedy and punk rock lounge acts, punk rock movie screenings, merch vendors, art show and more!
- ALL TICKETS ARE NONREFUNDABLE! This means, NO exchanges or cancellations.
- NO RE-ENTRY
- Please visit our FAQ Page for more details and information
ABOUT THE ORGANIZERS
The Stern brothers have been involved in the DIY punk rock community since the late 70’s:
- Playing music in Youth Brigade, Royal Crown Revue, That’s It!, The Extremes, Mess
- Put together the US/Canada tour of Youth Brigade & Social Distortion in an old school bus that become a ground breaking documentary “Another State Of Mind”
- Generation magazine music publisher and magazine publisher
- Promoted shows for Godzilla’s, Youth Movements ’82 & ’83
- They run one of the longest standing punk rock labels in the U.S., BYO Records (Youth Brigade, 7 Seconds, SNFU, Agression, Bouncing Souls, Hepcat, Nofx/Rancid, Alkaline Trio/One Man Army, Leatherface/Hot Water Music, The Briefs, Swingin’ Utters and many more!)
- Toured much of the world playing music, sharing idea’s and meeting thousands of people.
The Sterns are dedicated to the ideals of individuality, thinking for yourself, being a force for change and standing up against authoritarian, fascist, sexist, racist, anti-semitic, homophobic and other forms of oppression in culture, government, businesses and institutions. Mark and Shawn have been doing this for more than 40 years of their lives and hope to continue as long as people believe that we can all affect change for the better through what we do.
200 S 3rd St, Las Vegas, NV 89101
Golden Nugget Hotel (Official PRB Hotel)
129 East Fremont Street, Las Vegas, NV 89101
Oasis at Gold Spike (Home of the Pool Parties)
217 N Las Vegas Blvd, Las Vegas, NV 89101
CLUB SHOW LOCATIONS:
Backstage Bar & Billiards
601 Fremont St, Las Vegas, NV 89101
517 Fremont St, Las Vegas, NV 89101
124 S 11th St, Las Vegas, NV 89101
Fremont Country Club
601 Fremont St, Las Vegas, NV 89101